CHECK OUT THE NEIGHBORGOODIES THEME SONG!


By Wrapping Paper of St. Paul, Minnesota! Thanks, Tim!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Here Come The NeighborGoodies

Hi! For those of you who are new, Welcome to NeighborGoodies!

To get you caught up, here are a few links to some of my favorite NeighborGoodies, that will help you get the feel for what this thing is:

1. The First One
2. Thyme's Square
3. Blue Monday
4. Rainbow Connection

Now, on to today's selection! I can only assume that these NeighborGoodies were pulled from the kitchen of a recently separated couple, who probably got most of these items on the happiest day of their life.


These stylish martini glasses with a hip 50’s style design are straight out of a gift registry.


There’s also this assortment of clutter. . .


. . .which seems as though it was simply dumped directly from the junk drawer in the kitchen that was, in all likelihood, a point of contention in the marriage. Included is a lovely set of knives that the couple probably took with them to LA after leaving the murder capital of the world, Detroit, as evidenced by this board game they also took with them:

Rather than determine who got what in the divorce settlement, they opted to just throw everything onto the NeighborGoodies table and let the buzzards of the Hollywood Hills have at them.

My favorite piece of NeighborGoodness today is this:

... a plastic fast-food spoon, still in its wrapper. I assume that once the wife started to hate her husband, she ceased cooking and he went on an all-Taco-Bell-and-Wendy’s-Diet, until she finally dumped him.

My guess is that this couple wasn’t ever nearly as happy as any of the ones featured in ABC’s awesome new series “Here Come The Newlyweds” which premieres this Sunday Evening at 10:02PM (9:02 Central)! This adorable piece of reality fare is, quite possibly, the best hour of television you will see throughout 2008, and I’m not just saying that. I’m actually looking out for your best interest. I mean, you don’t want to look like a jerk on Monday when the entire nation is talking about amazing this show is… Do you?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Okay, I just have to say that my brother and sister-in-law would commit murder for those 50's-style glasses.

I agree, this whole pile of things smacks of D-I-V-O-R-C-E.



And I would have taken a spork...