CHECK OUT THE NEIGHBORGOODIES THEME SONG!


By Wrapping Paper of St. Paul, Minnesota! Thanks, Tim!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bird Crap

I'm not going to lie to you: I simply have no clue what to make of this:

This evil looking bird's color scheme is similar to that of the Scarlet Macaw--the Honduran national bird. But that doesn't really answer the question of what the hell this object is.

It's made of that thin metal that they used to make kids' toys out of--you know, before everyone realized that sharp, cast iron parts covered in lead-based paint probably aren't best for young people whose motor skills aren't quite developed. Staring at that beak, I can't help but wonder how many kids this brightly colored bird has blinded or killed in its life. And, judging by the look of wicked determination on its face, the fucker probably enjoyed it.

If it was, in fact, a toy--it was a pretty crappy one. The wings on the bird actually are spring-loaded, so when at rest, the bird looks like this:

Useless... And, somehow, still terrifying. I'm pretty sure I saw Tippi Hedren cowering in the corner of the laundry room as I was taking these pictures.




No comments: