CHECK OUT THE NEIGHBORGOODIES THEME SONG!


By Wrapping Paper of St. Paul, Minnesota! Thanks, Tim!

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Hardest Thing

Before I get to the contest update (there is still no winner), let me just tell you how excited I am by the NeighborGoodie I found just a few minutes ago while doing laundry. Pop Culture NeighborGoodies are always some of my favorites and I don't think I'm exaggerating here when I say this may be one of The Greatest NeighborGoodies of All Time.


Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you a copy of 98 Degrees' Hit CD 98˚ and Rising...

...Autographed by the four boys themselves, Nick, Drew, Justin & Jeff!

I should tell you here that while the cover is indeed autographed, I make no assertions whatsoever as to their authenticity. I'm not sure who would take the time to forge Jeff, Justin, Drew & Nick's signatures on a 98 Degrees CD, but I'm just putting it out there.

I should also tell you that the CD itself is not included:


This, of course, means that someone took the CD out of its autographed case, kept it, and chose to purposefully discard the signed cover with little-to-no regard for its cash or nostalgic value. I can only assume this was done out of malice. Perhaps someone is a big fan of Jessica Simpson and decided to purge any Nick Lachey memorabilia laying around her Luxurious Apartment in the Hollywood Hills. Or perhaps someone just doesn't have a warm place in their heart for boy bands in particular or pop culture in general

Maybe I'm taking this NeighborGoodie a little too personally. While I was never a big 98 Degrees fan, I have had the pleasure of working with Nick Lachey on a couple of TV Shows (some hits, others not-so-much-but-still-good-anyway-no-matter-what-you-say) and I'm not afraid to admit that I might have a little crush on him. He's just so... nice. And hot. There, I said it. Happy now?

Anyway, I obviously couldn't just leave an item of this caliber on the table. I couldn't do it. I knew it would be trashed any second as the cleaning crew (aka: The NeighborGoodies Quality Assurance Team) had already begun their morning rounds.

And so, as an EXTRA ADDED BONUS....whoever wins The Guess the Goodie prize will also recieve this 98 degrees autograph!!!!!!

Can you stand it???

Now: On to the contest!


It's been five days and no one has been able to guess what's inside of this box yet:


Only one person has come semi-close, and even they are way off.

Here are the Wrong Guesses So Far, in order of Wrongness:

People or Animals (Tiny, Rabid, or otherwise.)

Office Supplies of Any Sort (Includes, but is not limited to, stationery, stickers, pencils, etc.)

Lymon Anything (Such as Salt & Pepper Shakers, People, and, for some reason, tampons.)

Tiny Obama Victory Plates

Clothing (Rubber Gloves, Bedazzled Socks and other assorted wearables, both mentionable and not.)

Board Games.

Audio Cassettes.

In Wednesday's post, I gave a hint stating that, despite its Lymon Decorations, you were not to Eat or Taste the item, nor is it meant to be sniffed due to a lemon-lime scent. Which leaves you with three senses to use: Obviously, you can touch the item, since it's in three dimensions. You can also see the item, which you've already done here on this blog.

That leaves you with one more sense. (And no, it clearly is not common sense.)

I'll give you one more hint: You almost certainly have an item like this inside of your home and/or car. This might be a smaller version of the one(s) you currently own, but you've definitely got at least one. In fact, you probably used your version of the item today.

And so, once again, comment here and take a guess... because if you can correctly Guess The Goodie... you'll Get the Goodie... Along with the autographed 98˚ Album Cover!

Because who doesn't want to receive a package full of other people's unwanted items?



8 comments:

WooingScotsman said...

A Sprite(tm) Radio?

Anonymous said...

clock/alarm clock?

tasha

Anonymous said...

A Barack Obama Commemorative Ipod.

I just thought you'd like to know that the "word verification" i am being forced to enter in order to publish this comment is "slishned". seriously?

Ludovica said...

7th feb here. I am guessing headphones? and I'm hopelessly disappointed its not "hoo-ha" related cos that sounds like a lot of fun

Anonymous said...

A tear off a page a day calendar.

Anonymous said...

A white noise sleep machine that makes the same noise as lemons.

Ludovica said...

a photo frame

Anonymous said...

pez dispenser?